Mike Mindel was recently interviewed by Perry Marshall. You can listen to the interview on the WordTracker blog or download it to your iPod for future listening. In this interview, they cover a broad range of topics including:
- Why are keywords important?
- How to mine under-rated keyword gems in the hyper-competitive Pay-Per-Click marketing space.
- How Wordtracker generates their keyword data: Where it comes from and how to use it.
- How to identify fast-moving opportunities using keyword trends.
- What competition indicators like KEI mean – and what they don’t mean – when you’re researching keywords.
- How to measure keyword competition. What do “allintitle,” “allinanchor,” “intitle” and “inanchor” mean and why should you care?
- How to take advantage of the Long Tail.
- A brief history of Wordtracker and the early days.
I hope you enjoy listening to it. I’ll take this opportunity to thank Mike for taking the time out to read Waiting for Your Cat to Bark? that he mentions during the interview.