It’s not only preschoolers who enjoy a good game of you show me yours, I’ll show you mine
While randomly strolling through the Future Now offices, there’s a vast array of books teammates are currently ensconced in. Here’s five:
- Made to Stick, by the brothers Heath. We know a thing or two about getting two very bright, very opinionated brothers together to crank out a few hundred pages. It’s not always easy, but it seems it’s almost always worth the effort. This book is sweeping through the office like wildfire. Easily the book most widely read and applauded within these halls since Freakonomics.
- How to Win Sales & Influence Spiders, by Cat Seda. The sheer fact that Cat was wise enough to put the goal of influencing spiders AFTER influencing people makes her a big hit in our book. Then again, she already was a big hit, writing one of our collectively favorite blogs.
- Crucial Conversations, by Patterson, et. al. The quote I got was “Excellent for consultants… Even more excellent for anyone in a relationship!” Double points!
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, by Robert Cialdini. You may have heard, we’ve been busy hiring (interested?). With hiring, naturally comes training. Can’t train Persuasion Architects without the godfather of persuasion!
- Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus, by Orson Scott Card. With as eclectic a group as we have, be thankful it’s only this last offering that’s off the beaten path. (Bonus points if you can guess who’s reading it–and for the seventh time, I might add.)
Btw, another fun fact about Future Now: the average teammate actively reads 3.4 books at a time. Imagine that, from a collection of pretty high P’s
Anyone care to share their upcoming reading list?