I’ve spoken to many people recently who have grown increasingly frustrated with the either drop or stagnant state of their conversion rate during this recession, and after listening to their problems I ask two questions:
1. When did you first begin to notice this drop/plateau in your conversion rate?
2. What have you done to try and fix/improve your conversion rate?
And, 9 times out of 10 the responses I hear are along the lines of “I began to notice a drop at the end of the summer. And, I haven’t really done anything yet to change my situation.”
Folks, end of the summer? That was 3 months ago! An entire quarter of the year has passed by! Wake up! The conversion fairy is not going to drop down and suddenly improve your current situation because you’ve been patient these past 3 months. You need to be proactive (or now more like reactive).
For example, in one quarter one lead generation client increased overall conversion rate by 33.80% with a single Unique Value Proposition test, another increased overall conversion rate by 51.49% and another retailer increased overall website sales conversion rate from 3% to 7%, that is 133%.
The good news for you is that it’s never too late. There are services like FutureNow, who you can hire to help increase your sales or your leads. Or, if you don’t have the budget (and we offer services for as little as $1000 a month), and if you’re willing to do the legwork, many books, free webinars, and online resources are available to help you.
Here’s a list of a few resources to help you begin increasing your conversion rate and optimizing your website today:
1. FutureNow’s books Always Be Testing: The Complete Guide to Google Website Optimizer, Call to Action and Waiting For Your Cat to Bark.
3. The Wizard Academy’s courses for writing persuasively online.
4. ROI Revolution’s training courses on topics like “Google Analytics User Training Videos.”
5. FutureNow’s “Always Be Testing” Marketing Optimization Webinar Series where your get tips and guidance from experts like Bryan Eisenberg and Google’s Tom Leung about how to effectively use this FREE tool. (and the Webinars are FREE too!)
So, stop waiting on the conversion fairy and begin optimizing today!
(And, as always, if your interested in how FutureNow can help you optimize your site email me at natalieh ( at ) futurenowinc.com or call me directly at 718-560-3318).