Many people have commented in past posts about ProFlower.com’s incredible conversion rates. You’ll often see them with a conversion rate over 30%. However, most people won’t dedicate the necessary resources they need to achieve such success. Over at EM&C, they cover what’s behind Proflowers.com’s incredible conversion rate by looking at their email marketing.
Here are a 7 things you can do to improve your email marketing performance:
1. Delete your entire email list! You might not need to be as drastic as this however, list hygiene is important for ensuring email deliverability.
2. Segment your email list. Don’t treat everyone like they are the same.
3. Follow the email marketing secrets of other top converting websites (lots of tips here). Your write as you read. Subscribe to as many of the top converting website newsletters and review them regularly.
4. Rework your content to maximize the dynamics behind gr8 web 2.0 copywriting. People have changed their preferences on how they consume content online – have you revised the way your email marketing is written? Be innovative and relevant. Leverage the voice of your customer as well. Are you leveraging social media as well?
6. Don’t send emails in the dark. Make sure your emails are being tracked by web analytics all the way through the conversion funnel and that you are making improvements and optimizing along the way.
7. Review all your auto-generated emails like your thank you for your order, subscriber or lead confirmation, autoresponders, etc. Make sure the dates are correct, unsubscribe links work (you don’t want to end up like Ziff Davis, do you?), review what is being said, etc. Make sure to plan for more intelligent, dynamically generated emails based on visitor activity.
P.S. It never hurts to have an outside perspective to review your email marketing for you.