- Conversion Rate Optimization & Marketing Blog | FutureNow - http://www.grokdotcom.com -
Getting Started with Social Media: Implementation Guide for Facebook
Posted By Mariel Bacci On January 7, 2013 @ 2:39 pm In Advertising,Business Strategy,Community,Improving Conversion,Social Media | 133 Comments
There are more ways to make money with your social media campaign  every day…but there are also more ways to spend time and money. Investing time in social media does not have to be a gamble. Make sure you start out on the right foot with your Facebook campaign by following these 6 simple steps-all of the free, all of them easy.
1. Make sure the background image on your Facebook page speaks to the humanistic guest that lands on your site. If your brand has a lot of Facebook friends or likes, it is appropriate to point that out in your larger background image. A great example can be fond on the Royal Resorts Facebook page. They use the profile pictures of all of their Facebook friends to speak for them and promote their guests as the backbone of their company.
3. If your company/website is new, you may be able to start posting important events on your Facebook calendar that show a history of your company from day one. If your company has history farther back than the day you set up your Facebook profile, it would be wise to share that history on your timeline. This will be especially beneficial to older more established companies, because it will become clear right away how long you have been reputable and trusted by others.
4. Edit the links you feature as the top entry points on your site to promote your company appropriately. Link to discounts, giveaways, recommendations, or, where appropriate, a primary call to action like “Sign up now.” City Lips does a good job of using this area to promote specials on their site and getting people to convert.
5. The primary benefit of using a platform like Facebook is to connect with your guests. It might sound obvious, but make sure you always respond to any Facebook comment that could use your attention within an hour.
6. Reach out to Your Visitors to create a relationship.  Watch Facebook for mention of your competitors with a tool like HootSuite and personally contact those people with information about your product or service. They may not have heard of you before and your product might not be appropriate at the time, but your up front customer service will make your brand more memorable and might lead to a conversion down the road.
7. Post any newsletter, on site, or other advertised discounts on your Facebook page. People who ‘like’ you or are friends with your brand are probably in a later stage of their buying process. They have probably bought from you before and might plan to buy from you or sign up for your service in the future. They might be considering converting on your site, and a small incentive will encourage them to do so.
Come back in the following weeks to get started on Pinterest, Twitter and LinkedIn!
What social media strategies do you use to create a relationship with your brand followers? Do you have success getting people to link back to your site and convert from your Facebook profile? How do you define success for your social media campaigns, and when do you cut your spending on maintaining an account? If you need helps setting up goals for your social media platform, creating a plan of action the get the most conversions from your Facebook account, or tracking how well your current campaigns are performing, we can help .
Article printed from Conversion Rate Optimization & Marketing Blog | FutureNow: http://www.grokdotcom.com
URL to article: http://www.grokdotcom.com/2013/01/07/getting-started-with-social-media-implementation-guide/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.grokdotcom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/facebook.jpg
 make money with your social media campaign: http://mashable.com/2012/01/12/facebook-make-money/
 Image: http://www.grokdotcom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/10-Royal-Resorts-Social-Media.pdf-Google-Drive.jpg
 Image: http://www.grokdotcom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/City-Cosmetics-Salt-Lake-City-UT-Health_Beauty-Facebook.jpg
 Reach out to Your Visitors to create a relationship.: http://www.grokdotcom.com/2012/10/16/why-people-dont-buy-part-2-they-are-comparison-shopping/
 we can help: http://www.futurenowinc.com/aboutus.htm
 Image: http://twitter.com/home/?status= Getting Started with Social Media: Implementation Guide for Facebook http://bit.ly/GROK-FacebookImplementation (via @GrokDotCom)
Copyright © 2009 FutureNow's GrokDotCom / Marketing Optimization Blog. All rights reserved.